When I was wee I did most of my drawing on Heidelberg headed paper on my Gran and Grandads kitchen floor. (My Grandad worked for Heidelberg)
So as I was close I thought I would visit!
It rained. A lot. We walked for a while. Bought some waterproof jackets from Mountain Warehouse then walked some more. Went for coffee. Spent ages at Heidelberg Castle. It’s amazing. On the way back to the bus there was a whole shop of Lindt! Christine was happy!
I thought German transport was famous for its time keeping! Bah! It’s been late every time. The bus back from Heidelberg was 2.5 hours late with no word. COLD. We did meet a lovely woman called Anastasia from Haiti / New Jersey who had great chat though!
A few days in Frankfurt:
- MMK Museum für Moderne Kunst
- German Museum of Architecture (Coffee and cake)
- German Film Museum
- Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt
- Made an attempt at Dialogue Museum but was fully booked. (Next time!)
- Flea market at Lindleystraße
- Schnitzel at Zum-Standesaemtchen – with apfelwein
- Caféhaus Siesmayer for lunch – apfelwein and a fancy deconstructed bratwurst (?!)
…all the wandering added up to around 40km!
A bit of a disaster would-be-interrail trip. Caught a flight to Leeds after two days in Dusseldorf!